It got its name from the fact that it has the power to grow embedded body parts. Black gram plays an important role in the daily consumption of cereals. It is an exploding seed dispersal plant. Urad dal is native to South Asia. This is where it is mostly cultivated. There are two types of dhal: white Urad dal and black urad dal.
Urad dal contains soluble and insoluble fibers. These fibers help the body to digest food well and absorb the nutrients in the diet. Fiber also protects against digestive problems, including diarrhea, constipation, and flatulence.
It also helps in the excretion of undigested toxins in the digestive tract. So you can add Urad dal to your diet often to get rid of digestive problems. These pulses have numerous benefits. It is very good for women to eat.
Benefits of Pulses
1. For those who are suffered from severe and deadly diseases and just cured, can take ground urad dal, or urad dal porridge with rice or eat it boiled, it will strengthen the bones, muscles, and nerves.
2. Add Urad dal with non-bran raw rice, dry ginger, dill, grind and make pudding(Kali), and eat with palm jaggery to relieve excess heat in the body.
3. Urad dal vada quench hunger, cool the body, and reduce bile.
4. It is good to give small children Idli made with Urad dal. They play an important role in a child’s development. Also strengthens the bones.
5. Women over the age of forty and postmenopausal women definitely need more nutrition. The body will be healthy if they have porridge made of Urad dal often.
6. Drinking Urad dal soaked water in the morning will correct urinary problems.
7. Add 4 teaspoons of black gram and 2 teaspoons of dill and grind it into a paste and rub it on the scalp to get rid of dandruff.
8. The mineral salts and vitamins in black gram help in balancing the metabolism in the body and repair the painful areas in the body.
9. It is customary in sidha medicine to treat fractures with eggs and sponges along with black gram paste. In addition, the anti-inflammatory properties of black gram protect the body from inflammation.
10. Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorus and Iron in urad dal play an important role in bone growth and health.
11. Nutrients in black gram provide good solution for skin problems including dermatitis, skin lesions including pimples and blackheads.
12. The protein in this gram promotes muscle growth and health. Also makes the muscles firmer. So you can have healthy muscles.
13. Urad dal paste make shiny and strength to the hair. In addition, the use of black gram along with Mung dal will eliminate dandruff and make the hair shiny.
14. Pregnant women should include black gram in their diet frequently for the nutrients in it. The iron in it provides the hemoglobin needed by pregnant women and regulates blood flow. It also contains protein, fiber, folate, etc., which are essential for pregnancy and the baby. Therefore, pregnant women should include lentils in their diet frequently.